The Boone County Circuit Court’s schedule for hearing landlord-tenant cases changes from time to time based on the staffing and needs of the court. This post, updated as of Nov. 20, 2018 sets out the current schedule and projected future schedule. The next time the schedule may change is January 2019.
Until the end of 2018, almost all landlord-tenant cases will be heard by Associate Circuit Judge Joshua C. Devine, Division 11. Here is Judge Devine’s schedule for these cases:
- Mondays at 9 a.m. – first appearances (returns)
- Mondays at 10 a.m. – trials
- Thursdays at 9 a.m. – first appearances (returns) in some landlord-tenant cases in which possession of premises is not at issue
- Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. – trials in more complicated cases
Judge Devine will be leaving the court at the end of 2018 because Stephanie Morrell was elected Division 11 Associate Circuit Judge in the Nov. 6, 2018 election for a term beginning in January 2019.
Tentatively, beginning in January 2019, new Associate Circuit Judge Tracy Gonzalez, Division 9, will hear landlord-tenant cases on the same schedule Judge Devine now follows.
Associate Circuit Judge Kimberly Shaw, Division 5, also hears some landlord-tenant cases, primarily those in which possession of premises is not at issue. Here is Judge Shaw’s current schedule:
- Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. – trials
- Fridays at 10:30 a.m. – first appearances (returns)
Copyright © Scott Law Firm Professional Corporation