201 Westwood Ave.
Columbia, MO 65203-2871
Serving Landlords and Property Managers
Because of the pandemic, the Boone County Circuit Court has taken the following actions that affect eviction cases:
- First appearances and trials in cases pending before March 16 have been rescheduled in late April and early May.
- First appearances in new cases accepted by the court on/after March 16 through March 20 have been scheduled in May – about a three- to four-week delay from normal.
- After March 20 we can continue to file new cases, but they will not be processed by the court and no summonses will be issued until after April 17 – this likely will result in first appearances being set in mid-May.
- The Boone County Sheriff’s Department has been directed not to serve summonses and subpoenas until after April 17.
- For cases in which eviction orders have been issued to the sheriff but not yet enforced, enforcement is suspended until after April 17.
- No new eviction orders to the sheriff will be issued until after April 17.
- The court may order further delays “…as circumstances may warrant.”
Some other jurisdictions around the country have suspended rent payments and/or mortgage payments altogether, but so far that has not happened in Missouri.
Scott Law Firm (SLF) focuses on providing legal services to landlords and property managers in Boone County, Missouri. We do not represent or provide legal advice to tenants, and we do not accept cases outside Boone County. Our services include:
- Filing and prosecuting evictions and other lawsuits against tenants and former tenants
- Defending lawsuits and discrimination complaints filed by tenants
- Providing legal advice on landlord-tenant matters
- Providing leasing forms and other forms and notices needed by landlords and property managers
8:30 a.m. to noon
1 to 4:30 p.m.
Legal information, primarily of interest to landlords and property managers, can be accessed by selecting the menu tabs above and is provided subject to our Notices and Disclaimers.
Search Our Site
You can search our site by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the right of the menu bar.
Copyright © Scott Law Firm Professional Corporation