201 Westwood Ave.
Columbia, MO 65203-2871
Serving Landlords and Property Managers
(Updated May 24, 2020)
Because of the pandemic, processing of eviction cases in the Boone County Circuit Court has been delayed.
- Cases filed by March 31 were on hold, and the court resumed hearing them on May 18.
- Cases filed in April generally have been set for first appearances in June. New cases now being filed are being set for first appearances in July. In normal times, cases usually are set about three weeks after they are filed.
- Until further notice, most first appearances and trials will be conducted by video conference rather than in person.
- Eviction orders cannot be enforced until June 2.
Depending on circumstances, the court could order further delays.
While some other jurisdictions around the country have suspended rent payments and/or mortgage payments altogether, that has not happened in Missouri.
Scott Law Firm (SLF) focuses on providing legal services to landlords and property managers in Boone County, Missouri. We do not represent or provide legal advice to tenants, and we do not accept cases outside Boone County. Our services include:
- Filing and prosecuting evictions and other lawsuits against tenants and former tenants
- Defending lawsuits and discrimination complaints filed by tenants
- Providing legal advice on landlord-tenant matters
- Providing leasing forms and other forms and notices needed by landlords and property managers
8:30 a.m. to noon
1 to 4:30 p.m.
Legal information, primarily of interest to landlords and property managers, can be accessed by selecting the menu tabs above and is provided subject to our Notices and Disclaimers.
Search Our Site
You can search our site by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the right of the menu bar.
Copyright © Scott Law Firm Professional Corporation